Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

The windows are open and a cool breeze floats through my home. That breeze carries a rich, spicy smell that makes the air not only feel like fall, but smell like fall.

I have been in the kitchen today. Making a batch of Caramel Apple Cupcakes.


I used a box mix and whipped up a spice cake. Before baking I folded in 1 cup of diced apples. I made 24 cupcakes and then allowed them to cool completely.

For the topping you take 24 unwrapped caramels and 6 TBS of milk (I used whole milk) and melt over a low heat.


Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the caramel mixture and then roll in nuts. Insert a popsicle stick and you have a delightful treat!


I will refrigerate these. I am afraid that if I don't then the caramel might melt if it gets warm. Enjoy!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


11 comments:

  1. Yum!!!!! I'm so ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    I love these--what a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good!!! I may have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I definitely want to make some for us to try. I'm thinking I could do the same thing with a sheetcake. What do you think? Thanks for sharing the recipe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good enough to eat! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm that looks so good and I'm trying to do well on my healthy eating...lol apples are healthy right??!!!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look delicious! What type of apple did you put in them? I have a box of spice cake mix in the pantry and some Granny Smith apples in the friut bowl....I have a jar of caramel ice cream topping....wondering if I can make that work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummy! What a great idea! You are so crafty. I will have to try those. Oh, by the way, we caught our uninvited guest. Yayyy. LOL.:)

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look very good. I have been enjoying your blog. I found it through The Boyd Bunch.

    ~Cheryl
    http://holcombhappenings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, so yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!