Monday, September 19, 2011

An Apple A Day...

Last week I went on the first field trip of the school year... the apple orchard! There was a nip in the air and it certainly felt like fall.


Everyone was given a bag and off to pick apples we went.

After picking apples we were given a behind the scences tour. Very interesting! First stop was the cooler.

(sorry about the picture. The lighting in the cooler wasn't good.)

I was amazed at the stacks and stacks of crates.


All full of fresh picked apples!

The next area we entered the walls were plastered with fair ribbons.


Oh my, I loved looking at all of the ribbons. I had a hard time keeping my mind on the tour. :)

The day we were there they were bottling fresh cider.



Yum!

Sack lunches were enjoyed and then it was playtime!


The play area had many fun things to do


and a beautiful view!

I could have look at this view all day.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!















8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We are registered to go on a homeschool field trip to an apple orchard in a few weeks. I have never been before and I can hardly wait! I hope our day goes as well as yours.

    Did you get lots of good apples for eating and baking??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun field trip. I remember one of my kids going to an orchard. How fun to see everything that goes on.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple orchards are always so much fun. I'm glad you all got to go. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just went to the apple orchard yesterday. Didn't do the picking ourselves but got a steal on "second" quality Honeycrisp apples. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Looks like a fun tour. I will be searching for an apple orchard now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a view! I'm with you, can you image waking up and seeing that view! I would never want to leave. So glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I'm sure Megan and her class had a wonderful day (parents too!). Last fall I looked for a U-Pick orchard to go to and couldn't find one. I did find a farm with lots of apples and a U-Pick pumpkin patch. We plan to go in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure wish we had an apple orchard close! We do get to enjoy strawberry picking in the spring.
    Blessings,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!