Thursday, September 08, 2011

Apple Crisp Mix Candle

I have the crafting bug. I haven't been able to do much with my schedule, but I am itching to get crafting. The cooler temperatures have me thinking of all things fall related. The candles I made are inspired by those baking mixes in a jar.


I gathered up all of my supplies: 2 jelly jars, wicks, 6 tarts, cutting board, knife, labels, rings and lids.


I found these cute lids and rings at W*l-Mart.

I put my wick in the jar and then cut the tarts into chunks. First I layered in the Vanilla Frosting tart, next came Macintosh Apples, then Cinnamon Sugar. I had little more space to fill and added a little more of the Macintosh Apple.


I made the labels in Word and added an apple from clip art. I used my hot glue gun to attach them.


I plan to use twine to attach a tag and give as teacher appreciate gifts for the first day of Fall.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!



9 comments:

  1. That is a great idea!! I bet it smells wonderful! I burn alot of candles.

    Thanks for sharing
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the wick comes all the way to the top of the tart chunks and you just light it like a candle?

    Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mary Ann ~ exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a great idea and this would be a fast craft as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Wendi. It's sure cute. I might have to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Wendi, I'm trying to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a neat idea! Love it! :-) Lucky teachers ;-)


    Just wanted to touch base about the soda...I was like you...so many in one day and yes this week the headaches have been bad! But I keep that poster on my fridge about how bad it is for our bodies and so far I have stuck with it! :-)


    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a cute candle. I bet it smells really nice when it is burning.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl
    http://holcombhappenings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!