Tuesday, August 02, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...


make lemonade!


As long as you have gone to the trouble of making lemonade you might as well serve a glass to your family. Not in just any glass...


let pull out the nice glasses, dip the rim in sugar and add a slice of lemon. Don't forget to use some of the lemonade to make ice cubes. You wouldn't want your lemonade to get watered down!

Since you still have lemons let put them to good use. Cake anyone?


In my family we refer to this as Virginia Cake.


Don't forget to be a little silly while creating with your lemons!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love all things lemony! How do you make your lemonade?I will try the cake this week, it looks delicious!!
    (And so does Megan!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful homemade lemonade. Now I must go make some. Your post has me craving some homemade goodness:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to say I just found your blog and it's just making me smile. Love it! Gonna have a look 'round. Now I want lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! What a great way to make something wonderful to eat and drink, and the lemon smell in your home must be great as well. It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I wish Eric wasn't allergic to citrus fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lemony fun!! Megan is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of that sounds so good! Love love lemon cake and Joy eats plain ole lemons. That's a treat when we go out to eat! She has always loved them and she LOVES lemonade!

    Megan looks so cute!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!