Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Snapshots of My Life

If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves. ~Maria Edgeworth


I love it when my days tick right along and that is exactly what has been happening lately. Many things have happened, nothing exciting, just moments that make up my life.

I recently acquired an electric tart warmer. I love it! I sat it on the entertainment stand and the way I had it arranged it blocked some things. A good reason to do some tweaking.


I am pleased with how it turned out. Even Chuck commented on how he liked the different heights of the pictures.

I am still keeping the boys four days a week.


Spending time snuggling with Eli is such a hard job! :)

Many, many afternoons are spent outside.



Seeing these cute little red faces just screams summer to me. Of course we have been staying hydrated and taking breaks in the cool house.

Chuck had a little mishap and for the last week and a half he has spent lots of time like this.


He was loading a metal cabinet on his truck and it slipped and hit his ankle. A trip to the doctor confirmed that it wasn't broken. Just bruised and very swollen. After days of rest and ice he says it is much better.

Abe celebrated a birthday.


He is now two! It feels like yesterday I started watching that fuzzy headed little baby and now he is a full fledged toddler.

The "new" table is working out well.


We eat dinner not long after Chuck returns home from work. The boys are still here and it is nice that they can join us at the table and enjoy a little snack.

While Megan spent some time at Grandma's I filled the cookie jar.


I thought her expression was priceless when she saw her evening snack.

Much needed rain rolled through this evening along with a cool front. The windows are open and I am enjoying listening to all the wonderful night sounds. I am not wanting to wish summer away, but I am thankful for the cool down.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!









2 comments:

  1. Love the snapshot of your life. So sorry your husband is hurt but glad its not broken. A little rest, a bit of love from you and good food from your garden and he will all set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, Wendi! Praying Chuck's foot heals quickly! The kidlets are so sweet! I enjoy snuggling babies too.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!