Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Out and About

Since I didn't get any grapes off of my vine I had to go on a search for concord grapes. I found some at an orchard in a town about forty-five minutes from me. So we headed out on a little road trip.

We drove down some beautiful country roads and found the place we were looking for.




It was a little early for most apples, but seeing all of those full trees was making our mouth water. Megan was a little disappointed that we weren't able to pick. A sample apple put a smile on her face and I assured her that the time is near.

This orchard had a wonderful country store. Selling local beef, blue ribbon winning veggies and they even had some local Amish fair. I spotted some fresh butter and knew it was a must have.



We enjoyed it on our dinner rolls last night and it was wonderful!!


The grapes have been worked into juice and will turn into grape jelly some time this week. I had to buy a jar of store bought a few weeks ago. It doesn't come close to taste of homemade!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


3 comments:

  1. Great field trip! So is there going to be directions on making jelly? Sure hope so. Apple season is getting closer up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. That butter looks so good !! I hope your daughter doesn't have to wait too long to pick apples ; )
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! So glad Kindergarten is going well for her! :-)

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!