Monday, August 01, 2011

Mason Jar Shaker

Anyone who has been reading for a while will know that I have a love for Mason jars. When Sandra showed these I knew I had to make one or two!


I have patiently been waiting for the salt containers to empty.


Since it is canning season I didn't have to wait to long.

It was super easy to make. I used a knife to cut off the tops.


I used a lid to trace my circle and so I would have the correct size to fit in the ring.


The first one has already been put to good use.


It is filled with laundry detergent. I sprinkle a little on a damp scrubbie and it works wonders cleaning the sink and especially the bathtub. Let me know if you make one. I would love to stop by and take a look!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!






8 comments:

  1. Oh my stars! I'm gonna make some of these! I feel Christmas gifts are going to be made soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I wouldn't have thought to do this:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this idea in The Tightwad Gazette, years ago, and have been using it ever since. I use one for sugar, and it works great. I decorate the salt box top, with stickers that I've gotten free with address labels. Then I put "Mod Podge" on top to preserve it. You can use colors to match your decor and use scrap book paper, or whatever you like. I've made them for family members, and they really like them.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this idea somewhere else a few weeks ago and just this past weekend saved an empty salt box to use for it.

    What a great idea to use laundry soap for cleaning the tub! I think my homemade laundry soap would work really well for that. Will try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!I am going to make one of these just to keep my salt in!
    I am having a 100th post give-away over at my blog, Here on Hartland. Be sure to stop by for a chance to win a copy of the bookazine "Where Women Cook" featuring the Pioneer Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!