Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurry

This morning Megan climbed into bed with me for what she calls "mama time." She was laying next to me in the crook of my arm talking and laughing and it was pure bliss. I made the statement that I have missed our snuggle time. She replied that is because you are always in a hurry.


Oh.my! My heart dropped and I think it may have skipped a beat or two. She carried on chatting while I tried to wrap my head around her statement.

I can't stop thinking about it because you know what... she is right. Some mornings she will ask for mama time and I will give her a quick kiss and tell her I have to get in the shower. At lunch the boys are ready for rest so we hurry to get the boys in bed. In the afternoon I tell her to hurry up and clean up her craft or puzzle because the boys will be waking up. Then later I hurry to start dinner so it is ready when Chuck gets home. Then it is hurry so the boys are ready for pick up. Then it is hurry and get through evening task of homework, pick-up, bath and snack.


My heart desires a slow, simple, life. Am I really living that life? I guess in little bits and pieces I am. Do I feel rushed? At moments, yes. Do I want Megan to grow up thinking that I was always in a hurry? Absolutely not!!


The balance of life can be hard. I have had lots to ponder today, and for days to come I am sure. It is time look at my days and make sure my most precious gift doesn't feel like life is hurry, hurry, hurry. My sweet girl is growing fast and I really don't want to miss any snuggles, giggles or smiles while I hurry!




6 comments:

  1. great post and so very true. I struggle with the same thing..very thought provoking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. My kids don't always verbalize it but I know from their expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi, I could have (should have?) written that post. I long for a slower pace but am not sure I always do what it takes to ensure it happens. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are so honest and sincere :-) What a good reminder to us all to slow down and enjoy the time we have with them.

    Many Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of the mouths of babes! It happens to us all so don't beat yourself up over it. Now that you know, you can plan more cuddle time with your favorite girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    I can understand why that pierced your heart. I think conviction is often what we need to motivate us to change our habits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!