Monday, August 29, 2011

Doing What Brings You Joy

It is easy to get caught up in what others are doing. Looking at this blog where everything is made from scratch, looking at that blog where the pictures of her home look like it should be on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens. It is a wonderful thing to learn and see new things. The problem begins when we start feeling discontent with the blessings in our own life.

Is it okay to make everything from scratch? If it brings you joy then yes.

Is it okay to decorate and maintain your home as if Better Homes and Gardens would walk in the door? Sure, if it brings you joy.

The point is that we should all be living life in a way that brings joy to you, to your family and most importantly the Lord.

Should your worry if your neighbor looks down on you because you have laundry on the line? If it brings you joy, no.


You have to ask yourself why am I doing this? If you are canning because it is the "in" thing. Then you shouldn't do it. If you find joy hearing the pop of the lids and seeing the jars lined up then yes you should do it!


If you live your life trying to fulfill the perfect imagine of others you will never know true joy.


Finding joy is a personal thing. It really is a matter of the heart. When you do things that are pleasing to the Lord, make you smile, please the ones you love and make your heart sing, then and only then will you find joy.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




4 comments:

  1. Great job today! I also find joy in others blog when there are dishes in the sink, toys on the floor and laundry waiting ti get washed because that is my life at times. I enjoy learning new things and find great inspiration in others blogs( like yours)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself! Have a wonderful day, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Good !! You have said it best !!

    I hope things are good at your place. I have been away from blog land and my blogging friends. But I hope to be around for a good while now.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true words Wendi! We must live our lives to make ourselves and our own families happy. :-)Not everyone has "perfect" lives and I think it is kept out of many blogs.

    Have a great evening!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!