Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zucchini, Zucchini, Zucchini

Ah, zucchini! The vegetable that multiplies, multiplies and multiplies some more. I have given some away, bagged some for the freezer and still have some on the vine.


I tried a new recipe, Zucchini Coffee Cake.



3 eggs
1 c oil
1 c sugar
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 c grated zucchini
1 c nuts (optional ~ I didn't use since Megan doesn't like them in baked goods)

Topping:
1/2 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup nuts (I didn't use)

Mix together eggs, oil and sugar. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix in vanilla, zucchini and nuts. Pour into 9x3 inch greased pan (I don't have one so I used an 8x8 pan). Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350* for 40 minutes.



Megan declared it "the best ever!" Enjoy!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




5 comments:

  1. That looks great, will have to try some. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't been inundated with zucchini yet, but I'm bookmarking this for when we are. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! I love zucchini cake and have a recipe for pineapple-zucchin cake I am planning to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I don't have any zucchini, but I might just have to go get some!

    Megan is so cute!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love zucchini too! I made a really yummy recipe from Paula deen...I hope to get to sharing it soon!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!