Friday, July 08, 2011

Ordinary Days

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. ~Thomas Moore

After an extremely busy weekend it has been wonderful to have ordinary days. To many my days and life may seem boring, but the simple hum of my days make my heart sing.

Tuesday was a day full of laundry.



Without a packed schedule there was time to play.


I feel that it is so important for children to have time to play. Time to explore, use their imaginations and just be. I don't feel children need to be constantly entertained or in planned activities.

I made my first purchase on Craigs list a week or so ago.


This table and chairs was purchased for $20. I bought it to add two chairs to my existing table.

Here are the chairs around my existing table.


I wasn't loving this. The chairs didn't slide under the table enough and although it looks okay in the picture once the baby pulled up on a chair or Megan tried to push one up to the table it looks crowded and messy. Last night I convinced Chuck to bring in the other table to try out.


I am liking this much better. The quality of the table isn't as good as my other one, but this one will meet our needs. We usually eat dinner while the boys I watch are still here and this makes it a much better experience for everyone.


One of the things I like most about ordinary days is gathering around the dinner table.


Enjoying some fresh green beans from my garden and even better company.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





5 comments:

  1. Love the new table and the price was perfect! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $20 was a great price on the table! I, too, love ordinary days, and also feel that children need time to just be children. I love taking Jonathan places, but also love the time at home to play and be relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with that children need time to just play. So many people seem to think kids need to have lessons and practices and sports 24/7.

    I love quiet days when my grandbabies are here and we can just play and spend time together.

    About your 1st table, does it have a leaf that comes out to make it round? I don't know your home but it might work as an accent table in another room.

    hope you are having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever heard about The Magic of Ordinary Days? I think they made it into a movie. I used my DVR to record it but we had a storm or something and it didn't get recorded. My favorite memories are of days just like these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your new table, and $20 was a steal! I love craigslist!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!