Sunday, July 24, 2011

On My Mind

Do I know that God is in control of my life? Yes! Do I always let Him be in control? Sadly, no. I have been feeling the nudge. You know what I mean. The nudge to make a change, the nudge that says things aren't the way they should be. The nudge that we all sometimes ignore. That nudge has been pulling me toward slowing down and simplicity.

Simplicity can mean different things to different people. For me simplicity means:


♥ Less Stuff ♥

Stuff is a constant battle. Does it make me feel happy? For a moment maybe, but then it starts to feel overwhelming. Stuff becomes clutter not only in my home and mind, but in my heart. I am by no means a neat freak but when there is to much stuff I tend to become overwhelmed. That leads me shutting down and having a forget it attitude. Not good.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~Matthew 6:19-21





♥ More Time at Home ♥

Learning that it is okay to say No. I don't have to be every where and please every one. (very hard for me since I am a pleaser) This doesn't mean that we will be home all of the time. It means that we will be selective about the things we do and make good use of our time.

She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. ~ Proverbs 31:29


♥ Letting Go of Worry ♥

This goes along with my pleaser personality. I really need to stop worrying about what others think. Make decisions that are best for Chuck, Megan and myself ~ my family ~ with out worrying about what others might think or say. (This is probably my biggest issue. I am so bothered when I think someone is upset with me or doesn't agree with a decision we have made.)

This doesn't mean that I won't plan for a rainy day. It means that I will take each rainy day as it comes. Knowing that I am really not in control but in good hands. His hands!

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7


♥ Living in the Moment ♥

Not longing for simpler times or for a less chaotic tomorrow. Making today where I want to be.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~Matthew 6:34


♥ Spending Time in His Word ♥

This is the most important thing I can do. It keeps me on track with my priorities in the correct place.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. ~ Psalm 119:105

Life is full of choices. Are you making the right choices? Are your priorities in the correct place? Are you feeling at peace with the direction of your life? I want to be able to say yes to all of those question at all times.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

14 comments:

  1. I love this post! I have been trying to address many of these same issues. Well said.

    Sandy
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post, Wendy. Just what I needed today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent points, Wendi~ good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I feel myself making the wrong choices lately! My pastor's sermon was all about this today too. I think we just have to ask ourself three questions about filling our time etc.

    Is this going to glorify God, or my family? Will this help me to do either of those things? Then if I can't answer yes, I have learned to say NO!

    Wonderful post Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you - it's a constant struggle for me and it shouldn't be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very insightful post, Wendi. Much of what you said resonates with me. I, too, am overwhelmed by "stuff" and feel the need to simplify. I also have the pleaser personality and find it hard to say no. I want more time at home, more time to plan and putter around the house, and I am searching for a church home that meets my needs and those of my little family.
    Your post has given me much to think about and reflect on, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eyes to everything you said today! It's a problem of mine as well, especially if I say No to someone. I wonder if they are mad at me, I need to let that go. Thank you for your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thoughts, Wendi! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL post, Wendy. Thank you so much for your great reminders. :) Come on over and say hi.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Important reminder for me, Wendy. Thank you for putting it back in the forefront of my mind. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendi,

    You know how I feel about this! It makes such a difference. I'm the kind of person that finds it hard to say no sometimes, but am learning. We've slowed down this year and it's made such a big difference. Those simple things are the most important! I loved your post also!

    I like your priorities! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post and I could relate to it a lot! Hope you find the peace you are looking for

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendi, this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I identified with these sentiments and am joining you in diving into God's Word to guide me.

    Blessings to you and yours!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendi ~ I am Leslie from Baltimore~ I just bumped into your blog and I think that I was meant to be here. Feeling a little down, It was just what I needed today.
    I hope that you have a fantastic friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!