Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

Summer-time brings with itself unhurried mornings, restful afternoons, and leisurely evenings. ~ Author Unknown

Summer seems to be a busy time of the year for me. I have to be intentional to take time to make some lazy days of summer. That is exactly what I have been doing.


Making time for long walks.


Hot afternoons spent in the pool.


Buying a special afternoon snack. It is hard to say no when your little wants carrots with the "fuzzy" like a bunny would eat.


Saying Yes! we can outside before bed and play. Summer bedtime is hard since it doesn't get dark here until almost 10pm!

It is easy to get caught up in the to do list. I reminding myself that Megan will not remember how clean and organized our home was, how neat the flower beds and garden looked weeded or how great it was to have an empty laundry hamper. I want her to remember how we slowed down and enjoyed the sweet days of summer!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





5 comments:

  1. You are so right! Now if I could only remember the same things for my kids' sake. Just telling my daughter tonight that my fondest childhood memories were of times when my mom made "lemonade out of lemons."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our summer has been much the same way, very busy! That is why I made a list of things I'd like for us to do this summer and posted it on our refrigerator. It lists simple things like taking a nature walk and catching fireflies along with things like a trip to the zoo.
    Summer bedtimes are hard, aren't they? Jonathan will start kindergarten in about 4 weeks so we have to get back on school schedule bedtimes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, They grow up to fast and they will not remember how neat everything looked. But she will remember all the pictures you took of her, slowing down and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even at my kids' ages, I'm still trying to balance making memories with keeping up with the work!

    You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet pictures of the children. Summer is flying by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!