Tuesday, July 05, 2011

In the Bean Business

The green business that is. Last week mom and I were talking and she said that we wouldn't have green beans by the fourth of July. Ha! The green beans showed her. This is her garden and it has eleven rows of beans that are about 25 feet long.


She started picking and was shocked by the amount of beans she was getting. She picked 2 1/2 rows and ended up with 11 gallons of beans!! That is when she called me and I went over to help out.


I snapped and snapped until I thought my fingers would fall off.

So far 56 quarts have been canned.


When it is all said and done it looks like there will be over 100 quarts from the first picking of her garden. Wow!!

It looks like the beans in my garden will be ready in a day or two. I think we are going to be in the bean business for a while!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! We have pole beans this year we'll see how many we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sure glad you like beans. This would be a great way to teach the rest of us hoe to can beans ( hint,hint). I know I would like to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! I haven't canned green beans in a very long time. We love them! Wish I had space to grow them! A lot of work to get them all caneed, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I'll have to try beans one year we love fresh ones right off the vine! Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!