Sunday, June 05, 2011

Spend Sunday with Us

I enjoy taking a peek at what others do so I grabbed my camera today and thought I would take you along.

Ready to hit the road?





On our way we passed a hay field that had been recently cut.


As a treat we stopped for breakfast.


Then it was on to church.


Due to late evening thunderstorm Megan didn't go to sleep until close to ten. She was then awake at 6 this morning. We were barely out of the parking lot before she was asleep.


We decided to take a little drive so she could get in a cat nap.

I am a country girl through and through so we headed away from town. Our first sight was a couple of old barns.


Silos standing ready for a new harvest.


We've had a really wet spring and I was happy to see the corn is coming up.


Don't you just love a little country church?


I always imagine that everyone is super friendly and close. I bet their pot luck dinners aren't full of store bought items!

On the way home we made a quick stop for milk and to pick up a couple of other things.


I don't normally go to Wa*-Mart on Sunday and was surprised how busy it was. It is rare that Chuck is at the grocery with me. It gave me a chance to browse the bakery section while he ordered some lunch meat. I was shocked by the prices. About $3.50 for a dozen cookies! Yikes!

We hit the gas station next.


It is sad when any price under $4.00 makes me happy. :(

Then it was time to head home where Megan helped me with a few things in the kitchen.


She was suppose to wash off the strawberries and hand them to me to cut. A bunch of them never made it to me!

Next I got things ready for dinner.


Note to myself... set the frozen meat out before I leave the house.

I took some time to catch up on a news program that I had taped. Clip coupons and then I finished this weeks menu.


While I did that Megan was out in the garage with Chuck.


She said that she was playing school. Chuck watched the race and worked on straightening up the workbench.


Chuck fired up the grill and started dinner. My mom finds great meat deals on managers special. She is generous about sharing her great deals with us.



Steak, baked potatoes, corn (that I froze last summer) and salad. You should have stopped by there was plenty. I didn't even eat half of my steak!



When dinner was cleaned up I stepped outside and blew bubbles with Megan. We then came inside and read some library books.


Megan ended the night with an ice cream cone.


Pink sprinkles made for a happy girl!

Vacation is over and tomorrow it is back to normal. I have Chuck's lunch ready and am looking forward to seeing the boys tomorrow morning. Megan has been talking all evening about what she is going to teach Abe tomorrow.

Megan is snuggled in bed sound asleep. I think that sounds like a great idea. I hope you enjoyed your peek at our Sunday.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post! Fun to hear about your day! We filled up at $3.49 today and were so happy that it was down from $3.80. So grateful that we have the money to fill our gas tank though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what fun to see your weekend! Thanks for sharing. You do not sit still for long do you? Busy - Busy - Busy! Love the country buildings, I love living in the country! Slow pace, I mean really slow pace, the town closes down by 6pm. Stores, gas station, hardware - everything closes. It's sort of nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about your day, Wendi! Thanks for sharing! p.s. - that steak looks so yummy! it's been awhile since I've had a steak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day! :)
    Loved all the photos!

    Your supper menu looks delicious!

    I hope you and your family are enjoying your week!

    Kindly,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I also like to see how other people live. I love the country photos-especially the church. I liked what you said about the pot luck - I admit to being a tad disappointed when I go to a potluck and there's store bought potato salad and chips! I love homemade! I am also astonished at the price of baked goods - I very rarely buy anything I can make-unless it's a super deal. I even refuse to take baked goods to my daughter's school because we can't bring anything homemade - so sad.

    Thanks for sharing your day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!