Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Make Overs

I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted. I have been busy taking care of a few things and just didn't make the time to update.

I went to browse a store closing and picked some inexpensive decor. This area of my hutch has never made me happy. After I had everything taken off I realized that I didn't take a before picture. :(


I am very happy with how it turned out.

My mother-in-law is planning a garage sale so I have started cleaning things out. I started with the closet in the living room.


I took anything sewing related and moved it into the third bedroom. Straightening that room out will come very soon.


I am always amazed at the amount of stuff I accumulate. It feels so great to clear out the clutter!.

I also completed a make over last week.

I picked up this quilt holder at Goodwill. It is the perfect size to fit in the corner behind the love seat.


I am pleased to have a spot to put my blanket. It drove me crazy when it was draped on the back of the love seat.


This past week I have been wondering who came up with the saying the lazy days of summer. I feel like things have been anything but lazy. The plan is to slow things down this week. Living life at a harried pace is not how I want life to be.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's almost July 4th....slow down summer!

    The smallest makeovers make such a difference....we just need a little change sometimes! Love yours!

    Have a great week, Wendy!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your make overs! The quilt holder Is simply beautiful! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt rack. The fresh white paint made it so fresh and new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt rack..so cute and the white is perfect! :) Stop by and say hi....would also love for you to link one of your posts to my new link party featuring your recipes, craft, projects etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy - I never understand that old cliche either! Summer is my busiest time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!