Monday, June 06, 2011

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

I have been eyeing these in different catalogs and magazines for a long time. When Katy showed how she had made her own, I was like why hadn't I thought of that!


This is the soap bottle that I took the pump off of.


Chuck added a step in making this. Once he had cut the hole and put on the soap dispenser he then used a little chalk around the underside so that the pump was permanently attached to the lid. That is just the way he is. :)

I prefer the foam and I find that Megan makes much less of a mess with it.

In the future I will use regular hand soap and dilute it myself. For half a pint you would take 4 tablespoons of soap and then mix it with water.


See it works great!

Wouldn't one of these make a super gift? Thanks for sharing Katy!
I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


6 comments:

  1. OH MY STARS! Love this and will be making one for our kitchen as well. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also make my own foaming soap. I just keep re-using the bottles that came from Bath&Body works. But I have been using far more than 4 T for an 8 oz bottle. I will have to try it with less. Strething my supplies further makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Wendi! So glad you found this to be as easy as I did! :) Your jar looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this idea in Katy's blog, and now that I've seen yours too, I'm ready to try my own!
    Your daughter is adorable! Where in China is she from? (Our kiddos are from China, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contest.....My blog Amish Stories is having its first ever contest this week. The First prize winner will win 2 tickets to tour the farm where the 1985 move "Witness" staring Harrison Ford and Kelly Mcgillis was made in Strasburg,Pa . This farm is now Amish owned, and the family has given permission for folks to tour their farm. This may be the last time anyone will be able to walk and see the same things that Harrison Ford and the other actors saw during the making of "Witness". The Witness tour should last about 2.5 hours. In addition to the Witness farm tour tickets, 1st prize winner will also receive 2 tickets for Jacobs choice. There will also be a 2nd place prize, which will be 2 tickets for the Amish Homestead. Please go to My blog www.AmishStorys.com for contest details, and more information on the prizes. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon county.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been planning on making one as well and because we also prefer the foam soap I'm thrilled you shared how to make that too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!