Monday, June 13, 2011

Contentment

Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heel. ~Bertolt Brecht

Contentment is something that I have struggled with from time to time. I don't know if my heart has changed, my attitude or what, but I am finding that I am much more content.

My nieces spent the night one night last week and Chuck surprised them by putting a tent up in Megan's room.


Saying they were super excited is an understatement!


I loves how when they fell asleep they were all facing the same way. :)

Today the weather is what I consider perfect. Mid 70's with beautiful sunshine. The windows are open, laundry was on the line and it was cool enough to turn on the oven without over heating the kitchen.


Peanut butter cookies are one of the favorites around here. I dipped a few of them in chocolate and they are yummy!

Some time has been spent in the garden.


We borrowed my parent's mini tiller and Chuck ran it through the garden.

I got my first pea harvest!


This is the first time I have ever grown peas and it is exciting to see those cute little pods! I remember sitting on my grandparents front porch shelling peas. As I shelled my tonight and heard the ping as the peas it the bowl it took me back there. I have such great memories of time spent at Mom and Pops.




On Saturday Chuck had to work and Megan and I went out and about for a little bit with my parents. One of the places they stopped was Gordon Foods. I found these adorable scoops for my canisters.


Aren't they cute!

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21


As I become a more content person I realize that my family, home and the life God has given me are my true treasures.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

5 comments:

  1. Your garden is really looking wonderful! So exciting to get the peas already! Ours we are still waiting...What a fun sleepover! We've done that too with the girls and set up a tent. They love it!
    Have a great night Wendi!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi - I enjoyed this post! Tenting in the house is tons of fun! Lily has a little tent that she sometimes requests be put up in her room and she'll "camp out" in there!

    Your garden looks amazing! I've never grown peas either. I wanted to try them this year, but we ran out of room. Maybe next year!

    And I just wanted to tell you that your kitchen looks adorable! I love all the glass canisters you have! Looks so homey and cozy!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post with pictures. Your garden looks great well done and it looks big! Hope you have a huge harvest. Glad you have contentment, so few do have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is so bright and cheerful!

    Something as simple as putting a tent in a child's room can be so special to them. You are creating great memories for those girls!

    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that I've ever commented, and I've been following your blog for a while now, but after reading several of your posts tonight I wanted to let you know what a blessing you are, as is the life you share with us in this little space. From chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies to canning your own vegetables, to your love for the Lord and your commitment to family, you have really blessed my life. Thank you Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!