Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Around the Yard

Today was a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny with no humidity. If it were like this all summer I would be a happy, happy girl! Other then a trip to the grocery and coming in to eat the day was spent outside. As I was sitting on the back porch sipping my tea I was taking in the beauty of the clematis.


Through out the day Chuck worked on the fence.


His little sidekick was always ready to lend a hand.

I went to check out the garden and took my camera along.


The green beans are looking great!


Cabbage are starting to develop heads and the leaves are huge. Bigger then I think they have ever been.


It had been a couple of days since I had been to the garden and I found that my head lettuce once again failed. The heads were starting to develop the last time I was up at the garden. Every year my head lettuce fails. I will have to do some research to see what I am doing wrong.


Zucchini blooming.


This is the first time I have ever grown peas. I was tickled to see that the pods are growing. I can't wait to shell some peas!

I saw this morning that my neighbor had put up a clothes line.


I noticed a few times that she was looking over while I was hanging out laundry. I am glad to see someone else enjoying the savings and the simple pleasure of line dried laundry. No matter what the laundry bottle says you just can't duplicate the smell of line dried laundry.

My silly girl is loving all of the outside time.


She was wearing Daddy's hat and added her butterfly net and told me she was collecting honey. I love that imagination!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


7 comments:

  1. Love your garden- we are hoping to get ours in this weekend. Got a late start because hubby decided to build raised beds and they just went in, now to fill but with our work schedule it will be Sunday at the earliest. Enjoy your harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garden, love the picture of Megan (yes, a child's imagination is a wonderful thing!) and I love a clothesline! I can't have one here and I miss it SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi - Your garden looks wonderful! I can't believe how far along your plants are! I have never tried to grow heads of lettuce. We always grow the leaf lettuces - romaine, red and green leaf, etc. You should try those if you haven't already. They're easy to grow, come up fast, and are much more nutritious than head lettuce anyway! I'm with you on the laundry thing! Sadly, Brad and I have such severe environmental allergies, that there is no way possible for me to line dry outside! Big bummer! But I do like to see other people's laundry line-drying! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Wendi! Your garden looks wonderful so far! :) Megan is too sweet!

    I wanted to come and thank-you for your comment and promise of prayers (and maybe a financial donation) to our family friend, jamie. Cancer is such a terrible disease. I appreciate all you do! Thank-you, friend! xoxo
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful!! Great pictures all around!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is looking great! I have some herbs and tomatoes and a few beans this year.

    No humidity would be awesome! That's one of the downsides to summer here in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and a few weeks after we put our clothesline up at our old house, our neighbor stopped me when I was walking one day and asked me where I got my clothesline because she wanted one! Apparently she noticed it through the fence! A few weeks later she had her own line up. You just never know what kind of an influence you can have. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!