Thursday, May 05, 2011

Ten!

On Wednesday Chuck and I celebrated our tenth anniversary. I am happy to say that I am more in love today then I was ten years ago. When I walked into the kitchen on Wednesday morning I was created by some beautiful flowers.


What a way to start the day!

As always I have been busy with the kiddies. Abe is a very busy boy and I have been trying to slow him down and get him engaged.


Rice and bowls along with measuring cups and spoons were a big hit. Abe played for over twenty minutes! A record for him. I think he would have played much longer but it was time to go home. Megan is already asking to do this again.

Mother's Day gifts were made.


I had a little problem getting good hand prints. Mom didn't seem to notice!

I planted some strawberries a few weeks ago. They were growing so well that I could see the tops from my kitchen window. Well, until yesterday.


Either the squirrels or the mean crows dug them up. I am not happy! I have purchased some more plants and Chuck will be making a cover for the planter. I hope to outsmart the little critters!

It has been dry and the sun has been shining the last couple of days. I have taken advantage of it. A couple of hanging baskets were added to the back porch.


A few petunias for the back porch planters and the garage window boxes.


I am anxious to get planting!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm so glad you got beautiful flowers and that you have even had some sun to enjoy. Have a wonderful mother's day this sunday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!! Wishing you many decades more!! Lovely flowers for a lovely gal.

    Anniversary blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Wendi & Chuck! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! The flowers are beautiful - what a special way to start the day indeed!

    Seeing your kids' Mother's Day projects just encouraged me to find something fun to do with Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! those flowers are beautiful!!

    Have a wonderful Mother's day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!