Friday, May 13, 2011

Outdoor Time

The last few days have been beautiful. We have been spending all the time we can outside. Megan loves collecting "puffies."


After she blows the tops off she likes to create with the stems. Sometimes they are mixed with grass to make soup or tied together into a wonderful creation.

Bubbles are always fun!


Abe loves the bubble mower. He pushed it around all day Thursday. Training for the future I guess. :)

I have been spending any spare time I have planting flower.


Megan is always willing to lend a hand.

Chuck has worked overtime several evenings this week. After the boys left Thursday I cut grass while my parents were entertained by Megan. I can't say enough about the hard working husband I have. After working 13 hours he brought the tiller over from my parents and we all finished planting the garden.


Megan was covering the green beans. Gardening is work. Lots of work! The payoff is so worth it. Nothing can compare to veggies that are fresh. Fresh from your garden, grown by and canned by your own hands.

The cherry tomato plant already has baby tomatoes. Just seeing the baby tomatoes is payment for all the work that goes into growing them.


My body is tired from all of the work. Last night I had to have Chuck help me out of the chair because my back was hurting. Today I ran a few errands and spent some time porch sitting at my parents. Ahhh, some time of rest and good company. I am still tired and achy. I think a couple pain reliever and another good nights rest is just what I need.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!















5 comments:

  1. We're getting to put our garden in soon too. We got our plants today. I think I'll be sore afterwards too. I hope you get plenty of rest now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    My kids love those, too, but we call them "wish flowers." Yesterday, we went on a walk on which looking for those was our main objective! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wendy-you sound like me with the planting flowers thing. i spent all last week doing that and other glorious yard work too. one of my most favorite ways to spend my time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful garden you have!! Love me some tomatoes! That pic of you and Megan is so cute ~ planting flowers together is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendi......sounds like your vacation is the best one in my book! I love home just like you. The swimming pool sounds wonderful!

    Thank you for coming over and signing up for the giveaway.

    Blessings and oh those little ones are adorable~!!!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!