Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Weekend

Saturday I was up early getting laundry on the line and preparing for a busy day.


We were expecting some wonderful people to come work for the day. Figures that the day we plan to have help the themometer rises and rises.


With temperatures in the 90's the sprinkler was pulled out and the kids had a great time cooling off.


While the kids played the men worked really, really hard.


I tried to stay out of the way and only help out if asked. My job was to supply plenty of water and lemonade. Along with serving lunch.

All of the fence post have been dug and the post are in on the west side of our property. Thirty of them!


Today the post will be set on the east side. Only twenty-five of those! Thankfully my dad will be stopping by to help out.

Then we will be able to slow down some. Chuck will work on cutting all of the post to the correct height and then he will be building the fence panels himself. I see this as a work in progress for a while, as time and money permit.

The weekend ended with a refreshing splash at my parents.


Chuck is on vacation the rest of the week. We plan to stay home and work, play and relax.

I also wanted to mention that I am having a horrible time commenting on blogs. Especially those blogs that have the comment box at the bottom of their post. I am reading and really want to comment but am unable. Grrr! I hope that it is fixed soon.


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




















2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem commenting on blogs. I don't know what the issue is either. I love that you had help to get all those poles in! We are still trying to get our garden in. Hubby decided to build raised beds but with 10 days of rain, he got a late start. Now, hopefully he can get that done. He helped me paint the bottom 1/2 of the house instead. Love your yard! Nice and big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you said you were having troulble commenting, because I thought it was just me! Can't comment on half the blogs I read and it is frustrating! I don't know if my own blog is like that or not...
    What a blessing it is to have help! As one who has to hire even the smallest of things done, if I can't do it myself, I can really appreciate all that a husband does (did I show my dear husband that appreciation when he was alive? I pray I did!). Having friends and family offer willing hands just adds to the blessing! I love all the projects you do around your home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!