Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Did you see the link at Money Saving Mom for making your own microwave popcorn? I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to give it a try. I am happy to report that it really works!!


I changed it a little and instead of using olive oil I used a tablespoon of spray butter. (Next time I will try using two tablespoons. We like buttery popcorn!)


I knew that it was hit when a little hand keep coming back for more!


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





5 comments:

  1. Our Grand daughter loves popcorn so I will have to make this for her next time she is up here. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I found your blog from the comment you left on Tea's blog. I have enjoyed looking at your blog. I think we'll try that microwave popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I meant Melissa's blog. I look at a lot of blogs and I guess I mixed them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    The funny thing is that two weeks ago I saw a link to a different post about making your own microwave popcorn, and I tried it in a paper bag and thought it worked well.

    But since the MSM post and seeing the bag warnings, I've tried it twice using a glass bowl covered by a plate. I'm still experimenting with it, but I love the idea of not buying the packaged kind anymore. This is cheaper, healthier, and less waste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love homemade popcorn....so much fun!! :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!