Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Curly Fries

Megan has been asking that I make curly fries for months. I finally put them on the menu this week.


I don't have a fancy potato cutter so I used my apple peeler/slicer. It worked great!


The only draw back to using it is that it cores the potato as it would an apple. No problem! I saved them and will cut them into rounds and roast them to go along with baked chicken tonight.

I like mine with a little salt.


Chuck and Megan like a little more kick to their fries. I made a season salt for their fries. Chuck said that they tasted just like the curly fries from A*by's.

1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder

Mix together and sprinkle on fries while they are still hot. Enjoy!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!







5 comments:

  1. That looks great! What a creative mama you are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love curly fries! Good idea to save the "cores" and use them for something else. I'm guessing you could also cook them and mash them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Do you bake them or deep fry them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat idea! I would have never thought of using an apple peeler. I just love fries of any kind :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!