Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Yesterday Chuck celebrated the big 4-0! I made his favorite dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. After dinner we had a little celebration.


He received a few gifts.


I wonder what secret she was trying to tell? Probably what the gifts were! :)


Of course there was cake. Megan thinks that is the best part of celebrating someones birthday!

Saturday we celebrated with his dad and tonight we will have dinner with his mom. We decided to have a celebration with just us because the bad thing about divorce is that the complications never end for the kids. If we invite over his mom then his dad is jealous. If we invite over his dad then we feel guilty that mom isn't here. If we try to include everyone then it is awkward. We love them both and know they love Chuck. It is just one of those things where you feel you can never please everyone. Sigh!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!








5 comments:

  1. Happy 40 to Chuck! Looks like a fun celebration with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Big 40 to Chuck and I bet he loved having all 3 parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Chuck! I come from a divorced home, too. I hate all the accommodating! And I hate that I will never really belong to my step-parents. Even though I have a great relationship with them it's never what you want your family to be! My husband always reminds me that God hates divorce and the consequence of it goes on and on. It's so true!!! It's been more than 30 years and I still feel the pain from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Chuck!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a wonderful little party! :) I love how long Megan's hair is getting! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!