Monday, May 23, 2011

Backyard Fun

I am a planner, but there are times when spur of the moment things can be fun! Late Friday afternoon my sister called to see if we had plans. The only plans we had were to stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather. She asked if we wanted to get together and cookout at our house. Sure!

The items that I didn't have she picked up and we got cooking. Simple stuff really. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, salad and cottage cheese.


After eating my niece, Lauren asked if we wanted to play a little baseball.


It was so much fun! We joked, laughed and had a great time.

Then we cooled off with a little ice cream.




A wonderful, relaxing evening spent with those I cherish. It really is the simple things!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!








6 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend you had! I'm so happy for you. We had to have indoor fun because we are still having rain! Today is day 8 of it and I am so sick of the gray sky and the soggy shoes! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    What a lovely big backyard you have. Perfect for hosting family gatherings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! Spur-of-the-moment things can be the most enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those unplanned, spontaneous times can be better than most well-planned events.
    You have a wonderful yard!
    It is really special that you have so much family nearby. You all look like you are having a wonderful time.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the perfect weekend! :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!