Monday, May 16, 2011

As The Rain Falls

As the rain falls the garden is soaking up all of it's sweet goodness. This rain is just what we needed since green beans and a little corn were planted on Thursday.


A rainy Sunday afternoon is a good day to putter. To rest and take the time to do some things that you might not normally do. I took a little extra care setting the table for supper.


I used my new table cloth.


Isn't it adorable? I fell in love when I saw the chickens!


I went out between raindrops to clip the first emerging peonies as my center piece. Sunday supper was eggs, sausage, potatoes and biscuits. Simple fare that felt special served at a nice table.


Chuck and Megan tended a few small chores. Cleaning out Flower's tank was one of them.

I spent a little time on the back porch with a mug of hot tea listening to the sound of the rain on the metal porch roof.


While on the back porch I used the quiet time to make a to list for today, peek at the latest Country Woman magazine and soak up a little bit of the Word. A perfect rainy Sunday!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!






6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of rain on a roof and I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. We had rain as well. It was nice but we are suppose to have it all week, not so sure I will still be liking it by Friday! Love that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You encourage me to take time for all of the special touches throughout my day and week. Did you make that tablecloth--either way it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tablecloth and the beautiful peonies! They are one of my favorites. If you need a extra smile today I posted the Father's dance from this past weekend. They did a great job, lol.

    Have a great afternoon!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing your simple sweet moments with us!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    http://lundkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Very beautiful view I like this photo very much and that is very good that your green beans and corn will grow up by this rain wow that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Very beautiful view I like this photo very much and that is very good that your green beans and corn will grow up by this rain wow that nice.Thank you for sharing with us such nice post.

    epoxy floors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!