Monday, April 04, 2011

Work Hard, Play Hard

Although a bit blustery the weekend was nice. The break in the weather lead to the desire to get outside and as always the to do list is long. The front lawn was mowed for the first time. Weeds were pulled from the driveway and the garden was tilled thanks to my dad. It makes me happy to smell the fresh tilled earth. Yum! Peas were planted and now it will rest until it is warmer. Our property line was staked on Friday. We were a little surprised to find that one line of our property ends on our neighbors concrete drive. Yikes! We aren't concerned about it, just surprised. Now the planning for a fence is in the works. It wasn't all work. There was plenty of time for play. Time to sit on the back porch and enjoy the view. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




3 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you had a great weekend - so glad for you! Looking forwarded to seeing peas growing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weekends that are a combination of productivity and relaxation!

    Think it will be awhile before we plant around here. Snow is in the forecast today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your yard is blooming! Can't wait to put in our garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!