Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simple Pleasure

One of the things I like about this time of the year is being able to sit outside in the evening. The evenings are staying light longer and the temperature is perfect for a nice hot cup of tea. I really enjoy sitting out and sipping my tea while reading a chapter or two of my book.


Several years ago I read the Red River series by Lauraine Snelling. I fell in love with Ingeborg Bjorklund! I have followed her and her family through the Return to Red River series, Daughters of Blessing and now Home to Blessing series. If you enjoy historical Christian fiction I highly recommend this series.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

5 comments:

  1. I had a cup of tea yesterday! But not on the deck - it rained all day yesterday and just about washed the rest of the snow out of the yard! But it was raw and wet and a cup of tea was perfect after a long work day. I will look into those books - sounds like a good summer read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that's a really cute mug! I love white dishes!

    Second of all, I second the love of sitting out on the porch on warm evenings.

    Thirdly, thanks for the suggestion on the books. I barely ever read fiction. Not because I don't like it, but because I'm too busy reading nonfiction. I just received a fiction Christian novel to review and I can't wait to get started on it after I finish reading the two nonfiction books I'm reviewing! LOL

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    A teacher at the college where I work recommended her I think I will download a copy or purchase it. I love historial fiction. I'm sure I will enjoy this series.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love sitting on the deck in the evening! Enjoy yourself!!

    Great author.......I am pretty sure she is from my great state of North Dakota!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent read her but thanks for the recommendation! And, I also read with a cup of tea! I like white dishes too. That is a great mug.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!