Friday, April 29, 2011

Kid Zone

I mixed up some puff paint and it is neat stuff!




1 cup white flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
food coloring

Mix it all together and you have puff paint.


Due to the salt it has a sand like feel to it when it is dry. I like that I didn't have to worry if the little guy ate it (which he didn't) and it is pretty thick so it wasn't dripping all over. Something that we will be doing again.

Something new has been added to the daily routine. Around 4 I was trying to get dinner started and freshen up. Things were pretty chaotic. Give Abe an inch and he takes a mile or two. I felt like all I was saying was stop and no. I was frustrated, Megan was frustrated and then Chuck came home to all of this. Something had to change.

I introduced what I call quiet TV time.





Megan and Abe have a designated place to be and then they watch a recorded show; usually Caillou. The rule is that no one is allowed to get up and they need to rest and quietly watch the show.

Chuck is coming home to a peaceful home and the kids are happy to see him without attacking him as soon as he comes in the door. This is working out great!

I am off to the grocery store this morning. Saturday is suppose to be nice. I hope to do some things in the yard if it isn't water logged. Have a great weekend!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


4 comments:

  1. Quiet time is always good! Take it when ever you can to clear your head. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puff paint looks fun. I'm bookmarking this for later reference!

    I've done similar quiet times before. I try not to use the TV as a babysitter often so I don't feel bad about it. Some days it's the only thing that let me get lunch on the table!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying some simple moments with my grandbabies, lately.

    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Nick from the DaySpring affiliate program. After looking over your blog, I think you might be a good fit for our program. You can learn all the details here or email me with any questions you may have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!