Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This weekend is my favorite of the entire year. I have always loved spring and Easter. As I grew older the true meaning of the weekend became more and more clear. Along with that came a deepening in my love for this weekend.


As I was boiling eggs to color tonight and


and looking at the bunny decor on the kitchen counter


I couldn't help but think of the real reason we celebrate Good Friday.


My long time friend summed it up better then I ever could.

"Today is Good Friday!! Better than any other Friday because it is when we remember and celebrate what Jesus did for each and every one of us when He died on the cross so we may live. Not good for Him but great for us. It is Friday and that meant death for Him but we must remember that Sunday is coming and that means LIFE for us!! Peace and Love to all." ~ Pastor Jim Clark*

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




*Jimmy and I went to high school together and spent many hours together working at Chick-fil-A. He recently moved back home and is a pastor at a local church.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    http://lundkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to wrap my mind around the kind of love that was demonstrated on the cross.

    I'm so grateful that we really can call this GOOD Friday!

    Have a blessed Easter, Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that simple cross, Wendi! Blessings to you and your family this special weekend, Katie

    p.s. You worked at Chick-fil-A!!! Neato! I had never eaten at one until I moved to our new area and a friend introduced me to it. Now, it's our restaurant of choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!