Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

What a fantastic day Easter was. It started out with a visit from the Easter bunny. He is just so excited to share the news that Jesus Lives!! Each year he leaves a pamphlet in the basket explaining that it isn't about the eggs and bunnies, but about the greatest gift we can ever receive.

We then had our traditional Easter morning breakfast and it was then time to get ready for church. We are on the search for a new church home and tried a new church. The congregation was small (about 100 people) yes! the message was good, yes! not many people our age (most were older) no! the music was mainly older hymns and not very moving, no! We did have someone come up to us when the service just started and asked if it was our first time, welcomed us and got some contact information. More then I can say for some places. Also after the service I saw hospitality in action. One member came over to ask the lady who sat alone in front of us to join her family for lunch. Not sure it is the place for us so the search continues. I was so hoping that we would walk in and feel like it was the one. I am sure that we will find the place that feels like we belong soon.

We joined Chuck's family for dinner. I brought green beans with potatoes, lots of deviled eggs (requested by my fil!) and this cake.


Spring showers have been plentiful here and that meant the egg hunt was inside.


Plenty of fun even in the limited space.

One of the things I love about getting together with Chuck's family is that there are plenty of extended family around. Lots of cousins for Megan to play with.


It is back to the routine today. Plenty of laundry and picking up to do.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter and it's always fun to play with cousins! Remember when you are looking for a church that it's more important that the body of people are worshiping God in the manner that He describes, not in the number of young people. Keep looking, you will find the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a church home for my son and myself right now, too. I hope both of our families are successful in finding the one that is the right fit for us! Since I am widowed, I am looking for a church with lots of strong families and good male role models for my son, as well as good children/youth programs.
    All of our egg hunting was inside today, too! Such a rainy spring here in Ky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is adorable! So glad to hear you had a nice Easter! Hope you have a wonderful afternoon!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!