Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Stuff

Saturday we enjoyed a nice day. It was sunny and just a little chilly. Exactly what you expect during early spring in Indiana. The raised beds were leveled and filled up. One box was planted with cabbage and lettuce.



It is expected to cool down this week. There is rain and possible frost in the forecast. The plantings were covered with jars for protection. The back box was covered to warm up the soil and to hopefully keep the soil from getting water logged. Soon peas and carrots will be planted there.

My sister found a new dining room table and I took her old one. The third bedroom was re-arranged to make room for it.


I am so excited to have a place to keep my sewing. The table has seen lots of wear and will eventually receive a makeover. I have some ideas for this space, but for the moment the priority is to clear out the clutter.


This room is the jack of all trades. The computer is housed here. Food storage is in the closet. The little man naps in here. Now it has space for sewing and such. My home is small so I try to make the most of my space. There is still lots of work to be done in here. Once it is complete I will be sure to give you the grand tour.


It was a great weekend. Plenty of things accomplished, but also time for rest and fellowship. Have a great Monday!


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




5 comments:

  1. Your raised beds look great! My FIL says we should wait a couple more weeks to plant ours - he's the boss since he's been gardening all his life!

    Our home is small too. I think you've made great use of your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your raised beds look wonderful!! We have a small house too but you have a really big window in that room and so it's bright and looks great! Job well done - you are making a great space and I love the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love a couple of raised beds! Maybe I will get my handyman to build some next spring if the labor charge isn't too much.
    Love how you get things done! I make lists and never seem to do it all. Will keep trying, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garden area looks great! I'm waiting for the weather to cooperate here so we can get started too! I'm so ready for fresh grown produce!!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your sewing table! We have a small house too and it seems as though we have several multi-purpose rooms.:-) Somehow it all works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!