Thursday, March 24, 2011

Surounded by Beauty

The last few days have been fantastic! The days have been sunny and warm. I have been in awe of the beauty around me.

Last night a thunderstorm rolled through and left a beautiful rainbow behind.


I can never look at rainbow without thinking about Genesis 9:8-16.


I am finding new life everywhere. This lilac is from my grandparents old farm and means so much to me.

Soon I will smell their sweet fragrance and see that beautiful purple.

Megan can't get enough of the warm, fresh air.

She grabbed a bucket and went on a nature hunt. She brought back sticks, leaves and pine cones.

While at Lowes over the weekend I couldn't resist picking up a couple of things. A few pansies for my potting bench.


A new bird feeder. Currently it is hanging off of the back porch. This won't be the permanent home.

Until I find a permanent home I am enjoying watching the squirrels from my kitchen window. It is certainly entertaining!

Unfortunately our warm days are over for a while. The forecast for the next week is only in the 40's. I am so grateful for the last few days. It is amazing how a little sun and warmth will lift a girls spirit!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Wendi!! So excited for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird Feed photo was funny. Thanks for the laugh. Enjoy your Spring, I'm still waiting for ours to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures!

    We've enjoyed some warm weather too but like you, we're back to some cooler days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos, esoecially the rainbow and the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!