Thursday, March 03, 2011

Sneak Peek

I have a couple of projects in the works and I thought I would give you a sneak peek. I have lots of scrap fabric and decided to use it to make a table runner based on a braided rug.



I can only find 15 minutes here and there to work on it so it looks like it is going to take a while! I am already loving how it is turning out and if it works out well I have another project in mind.

The living room ceiling is up and primed.


Chuck needs to finish caulking the crown molding and then it is time for two coats of paint. I have question... the old ceiling fan is brass with wood paddles... since we do all our projects on a budget there is no money for a new fan. I am going to try spray painting it. Now for the question... would you paint the fan white or black? I just can't decide! Hope you enjoyed your peek at what is happening around here.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

<>

9 comments:

  1. black...it hides dust better!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your runner is turning out. Too cute! Good luck painting the ceiling.....ughhhhhh no fun! Hmmm....I like black for the ceiling fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That runner is going to be great!

    I think a black ceiling fan would look good against your white beadboard ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black - it will POP off the celing and look super! I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm...what color are your walls. if you like the style of the fan, paint it black so it stands out from the ceiling. I think you can change out the light globes pretty inexpensively if you want to change the look. Good luck. I would love to change my ceilings from the textured finish they all have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't want the fan to stick out I would paint it white. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your runner looks fabulous ~ what homespun goodness! I hope you post on it when it is all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go for white because I'd want the ceiling to be the focal point, not the fan. Also, black really shows dust. I know because I am constantly dusting black surfaces.

    The ceiling looks great!

    Just a hint from my experience. It is much easier to paint the wood before installing it. It is tedious getting into all of those groves when the wood is installed. You can easily touch up the nail holes after the wood is installed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ceiling looks great and so does the runner. :-)

    Have a great weekend!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!