Friday, March 18, 2011

Joy

This week was not one of the better ones. There was kiddie sickness, ink pen on the kitchen wall and not much went as planned. I have tried hard to find joy in the mist of everything.
Don't postpone joy until you have learned all of your lessons. Joy is your lesson.
~Alan Cohen


It really is the little things that count. That is where true joy lies.

The boys I watch were out one morning due to illness and it gave Megan and I some time to bake. She is learning to crack an egg and was full of joy when she succeeded.

The little man feeling better and playing with kindness. Something that we are working on.

Taking some time to get out and enjoy the spring like weather.

Watching Megan wanting to be just like Daddy.

Enjoying the beauty of night.

Enjoy yourself. These are the good old days you're going to miss in the years ahead.

~Author Unknown


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the good ole' days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you find joy in the ordinary! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you stoped to find joy and then to share it with us. Thank you. We got temps in the 50's yesterday and today we are suppose to be the same...We'll see, but in the mean time, it's NOT snowing so I'm happy. Spring in 2 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice post. There usually is some joy to be found if you look closely. Thanks for the reminder.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post brought back such sweet memories for me. My daughter loved to bake with me when she was little. Now that she has a family of her own, (4 children) we still enjoy working in the kitchen together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen... I absolutely enjoy every day!

    Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for your kind words!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote at the end! That would make a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...What a sweet post. Love the photo of your husband and daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!