Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In the Kitchen

With the snow and cold I thought it would be a great day to spend in the kitchen.


I started out by making everything nice and tidy.


I found a spot for the new sign that mom gifted me. Then it was now time to get down to business. Megan helped me mix up a batch of granola.


The recipe is from Fresh From The Farm. I doubled the recipe and added raisins.


Oh my is this delicious! It smelled like I was baking oatmeal raisin cookies. I am thinking of adding some m&m's and nuts to make this into a snack. By far my favorite granola.

The cookie jar was filled.


Some banana muffins for the freezer.


The little guy I watch loves muffins for snack. I enjoyed my nice, cozy day in the kitchen, but I am ready for some warm air and sunshine!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. Hi~ Thanks so much for linking to my blog. I am glad you like the granola!! :) I love days in the kitchen.......especially when my kids are home. Everything looks great! Come on over and visit me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and mmm-mmm delicious! I can smell your kitchen from here! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sign! What a baking day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a busy day in the kitchen you girls had! Those are some of the funnest days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you were ready for a snowy day! We have 8-16 inches coming our way so tomorrow just may be a kitchen day! I love your sign as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a productive day! Everything looks yummy! :-) We are suppose to get snow tomorrow :-( Ugh.... lol. Have a great afternoon!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!