Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Daily Hum

There is something comforting about the daily hum of life. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, but there is joy and contentment found in the ordinary.

Monday is the day that I give my kitchen a good clean.


Of course you all know that when three meals come out of the kitchen it needs constant attention! This is just the day it gets a little extra love.

A co-worker of Chucks' lives on a farm and we have been getting some wonderful farm fresh eggs. She only charges $1 a dozen!


They taste super yummy and you don't get the unique shells from the store cartons.

The company Chuck works for has a reward program. If you get caught going above and beyond they will give you a gift card. There is a website where you go to exchange it for a gift. We have gotten a large cooler and recently an ice cream maker.

Megan was fascinated watching it. She asked for some whipped cream to top her ice cream. I didn't have any on hand so I added some whipping cream and sugar to a jar and let her go at it.


She had fun and next time we will take it a step further and make butter.

The boys are still coming four days a week. As you can imagine they keep me very busy.


Eli is 5 months and just a joy! He is very content and rarely cries. Abe is 18 months and he makes up for his brothers calm. He is my handful. Always pushing the limits and he just started potty training. We all know how fun that can be!

Quiet time is must for me. I need that little bit of time to unwind and recharge for the rest of the day. Miss Megan is never tired but I often find her like this. :)


Not all of my days run smooth but I try hard to find satisfaction with the daily hum. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. I am comforted by the daily routine, it works for me too. I hope someday I can return home. I love having a clean happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love routine - I know it's crazy, but Monday is one of my favorite days of the week!

    Your kitchen is practically glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your country kitchen! I love white cabinets and like you, I really like having a routine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi, Can I just say your kitchen is spotless....and so very cozy?? Wow ~ I think it's beautiful! (And you are right ~ we do have the same kitchen table!)

    Thanks for stopping by today and chiming in!! Did you make your own blog header too ~ very charming!

    Love how you have a consistency of posting on contentment....so refreshing. Have a good afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a contentment that can be found in the daily routine!

    Your kitchen is so cozy. You're so right about a kitchen needing constant attention. I clean mine on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed the post today, Wendi. So much joy in life is in the ordinary, everyday things!
    I really like you kitchen, lots of cabinet space and I love the white!!Maybe I will paint my oak cabinets. Wish my kitchen was that clean, and yes, constant use and 3 squares a day makes it hard to keep it in order. I'm impressed with your routine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kitchen! :-) I know what you mean, seems cleaning in there is never done between all the meals, snacks, etc! :-)
    That rewards program sounds really neat. :-)
    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is SO pretty!! I'll bet you love cooking there! So much counter space AND the lighting looks wonderful!!!

    Every time I visit with you here, I am shocked to see how big Megan is getting!! Hard to believe it's been 4 years for both us, huh?

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!