Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Around Home

What a wonderful weekend! The sun was shinning the snow is melting and it seems that spring in around the corner. (A girl can hope anyway!) I have experienced a little bit of the winter blues the last couple of weeks so this is making my heart sing!

A new home improvement project was started this weekend.


A new ceiling for the living room! Eventually all of our ceilings will be covered with tongue and groove car siding that is painted white. I love the way it makes the room have an old farmhouse feel. We only pay cash for our home improvements so it takes a while to get things done around here. It is a great lesson in patients!

Chuck had a cute little assistant!



She loves to pull out her "tools" and work beside Daddy. It warms my heart to see this.

While that was happening I worked in the kitchen. My kitchen sink always seems to look dull and dirty.



I tried Fly Lady's Shiny Sink 101 and this is the final result.


Not perfect, but I am okay with that. My sink has seen lots of use and as we all know when you use something often it shows the love!

I also went through all of my cabinets. I had been wanting to do this for a while now.


It felt so good to clear some clutter! Today I am off to spend the morning in Megan's classroom. Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

10 comments:

  1. Love the ceiling and how it is coming along. Great weekend to clean out stuff. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun day with Megan and her class! Happy Valentine's Day, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the winter blues something awful! Every day being stuck inside with gray skies and snow was getting old!

    I was so happy to see some sunshine and we're supposed to have a spring like week - I'm so excited!

    Your ceiling is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ceiling! I also spent some time on Sat cleaning out a few cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you covering textured ceilings? I have them throughout my house, and don't care for them. I always wondered if it is possible to cover them with tongue and groove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, Wendi. After weeks of freezing temps, we've been in the upper 30s since Friday. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your FlyLady, shine your sink and conquering that clutter. I just took in an entire truck full of toys and old clothes to Goodwill! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ceiling looks great! I love it:-) My girls are the same when my husband works on things, lol. Always wanting to help. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day!!

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie, our ceiling has a light texture. Somewhat of a popcorn ceiling. I asked my hubby about covering textured ceilings and he said that if it was a heavy texture with points that you might want to take a putty knife and knock the points down. If not he thought that when you pushed the wood up that they might break off and then it would be hard to get the board flat. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the tongue and groove ceiling! I know it will look great.

    It's my first visit to your blog; love the photo of your daughter helping. She's precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!