Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Treasure or Two

I recently acquired a couple of new to me treasures. My father-in-law recently retired and he has been doing a huge declutter. He has been making a pile in his garage for Goodwill. Chuck was over there last week and spotted this in the pile.



I couldn't believe that he was giving this away and was very happy that Chuck rescued it for me. I haven't decided where I am going to to put it but am very happy to have it!

Mom recently gave me some cookie cutters.


They are cutters that she used as a child. Notice the heart with the .07 cent stamp? I am dating myself, but I remember going to the store as a young child and watching the stock guy stamp all of the cans before putting them on the shelf.

I love having things in my home with a story!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. Love the crock and the cookie cutters! My mom always used cookie cutters just like that when I was a girl, many moons ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendi...
    Just came upon your blog and love it...I so love old kitchen things. I could do a lot of things with that big crock, and those old cookie cutters are favs of mine..
    Hope you enjoy them..
    Blessings,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat crock! Glad you rescued it before it went off to Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW how nice to have both of these treasures. Looking forwarded to seeing where you put the Crock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great crock!

    My grandmother had a nice collection of those cookie cutters. One of the nicest Christmas gifts I have ever received was a large grapevine wreath, made from vines on my parent's property, with many of those cookie cutters tied on, with red and white ribbon. My grandmother and my parents are all gone now, but that wreath brings back wonderful memories!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun thrifty treasures!! I'm sure many memories will be made those fun cookie cutters!

    Blessings and Happy Valentine's soon!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful finds! :-)

    Thank you for your kind comment, having allergies yourself you can understand.

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!