Thursday, February 17, 2011

On It's Way!

Spring that is. While eating the other evening I saw three robin out the back door. Oh, how happy that made me. The first sign of spring! In honor of the first sign we made bird feeders.



Toilet paper rolls covered in peanut butter and then rolled in bird seed.

Since then the snow and ice has been slowly melting as the temperature rises. The past two days it has been 60*!

The last bit of snow was played in and the kitchen window was even opened some!

I know that this is just a tease and soon Old Man Winter will return and let us know that it is still his time. I will be grateful for any teaser days that come my way.

Miss Megan has been a little under the weather. She has run a fever off and on and has now developed a wonderful cough. Pain reliever, popsicles and plenty of rest have been on the agenda.

Lots of TLC and creative time to pass the day. No school for her tomorrow. It is her reading group day and I am sorry that she will miss that. A slow, restful weekend and I hope we can start the new week out healthy.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

5 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Love your hearts in the kitchen window. Truly a beautiful sight and I can imagine how much joy it brings when you see them.

    Sorry your little one is under the weather but nice and warm inside with lots of love all around will help her feel so much better soon. Praying for her health to return very soon.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see grass at your house!!! Man I sure do wish there was grass here. I think it is still under the 3+ feet of show that is still in our yard. But we are suppose to se 50 today so maybe that will help. Sorry your Megan is under the weather - hope she gets well soon and doesn't share the bug. Have a ncie weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe heart picture in the window is beautiful and sweet for Valentines.

    I sure hope your LIttle One feels better soon. She is simply precious.

    Thanks for letting me peak in on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for spring! Yay for bird feeders! We went to the zoo yesterday to soak up the warm temperatures and enjoy the simplicity of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope she is feeling much better!

    Yes, I am so ready for Spring too!! Yet we are due for more snow here! Ugh... I'm staying optimistic :-)

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!