Sunday, February 06, 2011

He Provides!

I know that the Lord is always working in my life. So many times it is behind the scenes and we don't even realize it. It is wonderful when you are able to see His good in action!

Thursday I noticed that the furnace didn't sound right. It would run its cycle and then immediately try to cut on again. I mentioned something to Chuck and he finally heard it on Friday. Chuck looked up possible causes. Some things were simple like a dirty furnace filter or a bad thermostat. Then it started to get more serious like a blower motor and such.

The filter was fairly new, but a new one was put on. A new thermostat was bought and after it was put on the furnace would try to cut on but then would fail. The old thermostat was put back on and the same thing happened. Ugh!

We were officially without heat. The space heater from the garage was brought in.



There was plenty of warm blankets and hot chocolate.


We waited and waited to receive a call that the repair tech was on his way. While we waited we talked about how a major repair wasn't in the budget. Our cordless phone had been slowly dieing and we had just replaced them that morning. I prayed and prayed that it wouldn't be a costly fix.


We received a call from a repair tech. He had one call before us and then would be over. Shortly after that call we received a call from a different repair tech. After speaking with him for a few he told Chuck that it sounded like there was some oxidation on the flame sensor. He told Chuck what to try and that he should call him back if it didn't work. It worked and the fix cost us NOTHING!!!

God orchestrated a set of perfect events. A second repair tech called us, it was late (after 9:30) and I am sure he was ready to be home and my husband was here try the repair techs suggestions. (I guarantee that I wouldn't have taken it apart by myself!) We are so grateful!!

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. That's great news Wendi! I know that he provides, sometimes the waiting is trying though.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't have a costly repair!

    God does indeed provide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Wendi; yes, He does provide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amen! So glad to hear it worked out in your favor, and that you are all staying warm.

    I've also been meaning to ask you if that's your house in the header picture? I absolutely love it!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I'm so glad you shared this with us. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story, Wendi! I am so glad it worked out this way. Thank You for sharing this example of the Lord's provision in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!