Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Organizing

Brrr it was a cold weekend here. Saturday morning we were up and out early running our errands. After the major things were done it was decided that it was to cold and we were heading home.

Once we were warm and toasty at home it was time to get some things done. While laundry was going it was time to tackle Megan's room. It was need of some TLC to weed out some things and find places for some new things. It was such a disaster that there was no way I was taking a before picture! Everything was removed from her closet and a place was found for everything.

When that was complete it was on to the rest of the room. Every drawing and piece of paper she writes on becomes a keepsake to her. It felt great to get rid of all of that stuff. I have a solution, or at least I hope, to combat the paper clutter. When I have it in place I will share it with you.

Oh, so much better. I can't stand stacks of paper and that is what had become of her dresser. Once everything was cleaned up Chuck helped me install the new valances. Her windows have had no treatment for about two years. Since I handed down all of the crib bedding to my sister-in-law.

They match the bedskirt on her new bedding. I was amazed at the difference they made.

Saturday night was game night.

We played several different games and shared lots of laughs.

I have been fighting a cold for the last few days and lost on Saturday. I don't feel super bad. I am just tired and very stuffy. I have been taking some cold medicine and spent all of Sunday at home taking it easy. I hope that it passes quickly!

Now it is time to get the day going. Cleaning the kitchen and making some bread to go with our spaghetti and meatball dinner is on the agenda for today. Have a great Monday!
I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

9 comments:

  1. Looks really good! I laughed about the closet looking too bad to take a picture....funny. I know exactly what you are talking about. Have wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan's closet looks great! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must have been thinking the same thing Saturday. I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning up Leah Kate's room. Of course she's old enough to help me out, but she likes to keep EVERYTHing, so I have to take charge!

    Megan's room looks great - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to know how you categorized the things in Megan's closet. Right now, I feel like my daughter's toys are in way too many places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughters room looks great.
    I would love to know the solution you have came up with for her papers. My 5 year old daughter is the same way. Every school paper, every drawing is a keep sake. Over time it becomes a cluttered mess.
    I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love the rooms when they are so clean and fresh! If only they could stay that way.... Great job and I hope you feel better soon. Didn't you see the memo;"Mom's don't get sick." or was that Mom's don't get sick days???

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I hope you are feeling beter soon!! Her room looks great, this is on my neverending to do lists too. Lots of organizing and donating! :-) Hope you have a great week!
    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her closet looks fantastic. Be sure and post the secret to keeping it looking that way! Ha!

    Amazing how valances can soften a room. Love the color of those. They look very sweet and feminine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!