Monday, January 24, 2011

A Simple Weekend

We received some more snow late last week and the temperatures have been cold. I am not complaining; it is winter after all! This kind of weather makes me want to spend cozy time where it is nice and warm.

Chuck had to go into work for a few hours on Saturday and then he tackled some maintenance things around home.



Daddy's little helper was right by his side. While they did that I tackled some laundry.


Nice and clean! Ready to be hung in our closets.

There were also quiet moments. This is where I spent a good part of Sunday afternoon.


The rag garland for my Christmas tree was a little short and I finally added a few feet to it. I have plenty of scraps leftover and I have an idea in mind for those. I am going to try to make a braided table runner. Has anyone ever made a braided rug or such? If so I am open to hints you might have.

A rich, warm beef stew and biscuits is what was for dinner last night.

I love it when dinner simmers away all day. It makes my home smell wonderful and it is nice to have dinner ready to go.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend. Stay warm - it's cold here too. This morning with the wind chill it was -25!!!!! wish I could stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice weekend!

    We had a "one pot" meal of chicken chili Saturday night. I like those cook ahead meals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cozy, fun, and busy! Delightful combination! :-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're trying to stay warm too and they're calling for more snow here this week, ugh. Come on Spring!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi - I also have been wanting to try a braided rug of some sort - I was thinking of starting really small and making some coasters. There's are instruction for a hot pad-sized braided rug in one of the craft books I have.

    I know what you mean about having dinner simmer away all day. That is such a wonderful, cozy thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!