Monday, January 31, 2011

Melted Crayon Hearts

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I was able to spend a little time crafting and putting out some Valentine decor.

I saw these and knew I wanted to give them a try.



I pulled out some crayons in Valentine colors along with a pencil sharpener, wax and kraft paper. I layed a piece of craft paper under my wax paper. I then folded the wax paper in half.


On one half of the wax paper I used the pencil sharpener to make crayon shavings.



I then covered the shavings with the other half of the wax paper and then covered it with another piece of kraft paper. I then ironed over it until the crayons melted. (Be careful of the crayon running out of the edge of the wax paper while you melt them.)


I then used two different sized cookie cutter to make my heart shapes. I then put a hole in the top of each heart and strung three of them onto a piece of thread.


They look wonderful when the sun is shining through the window!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




6 comments:

  1. Adorable and really cozies up the room! Lovely!

    We have made wax paper/crayon creations before ~ I appreciate your warning about the crayons running over...I ruined an ironing board pad making some fun things that way. :-)

    We have been decorating our home for Valentine's too...love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing this with our kids when they were little. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Wendi! I saw your title and thought you made heart-shaped crayons like I did last week. You put bits of broken crayons in a lined muffin tin and bake. (Putting a small ball of foil in the top of the liner creates a "v") I'm going to give them to N+N for V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great Wendi! I haven't done this craft in a long time, thanks for reminding me of it!

    Have a great evening!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so beautiful hanging in your window! I've wanted to try something similar to this with the kids but haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!