Monday, January 17, 2011

Around My Home

First off I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes! Thank you!! I had a wonderful birthday with a couple of meals eaten out over the past several days and some nice gifts. Before I share a couple of things that I received remember that I am a practical kind of gal. I know that some women would be offended if they received these things. My parents bought me new towels.



I have had a couple of new towels here and there but never an entire closet of new, matching towels. I certainly feel spoiled!

Chuck and Megan got me lotion, an ironing board cover and a drying rack.


A drying rack has been on my wish list for a long time. No more draping things over the back of the kitchen chair during the winter or rainy days.

This week brought more snow. It has been beautiful gazing out at it.


There have been littles to cuddle and play with.


This little man is such an easy baby and I am so grateful for that! He was a little stuffy last week so there was plenty of cuddle time.

One afternoon Megan and I filled the cookie jar.


Notice Megan's stripped dress in the picture. She took this picture and I think she might have seen her Mama take a few pictures for the blog. He!He!

I heard the words this week that mothers dread. Not the I'm bored, but the I don't have anything fun to do. Ugh!!! I was not happy and then listed off all the fun things that she had available.


I think I got my point across since she has been able to find plenty of fun things to keep busy since then.

I spent time reading.


I finished Choosing To See and thought it was a good read. Although I sniffed and cried through a lot of it I also laughed and was inspired. I am certainly "choosing to see" that God is with me!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my drying rack! When your little ones comes if with wet clothes from the snow, it is perfect for drying them all off! I use mine all winter for that! I even put it in the tub so as the snow covered clothes drip, it goes right down the drain. I'm glad you had such a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    I've been draping things for a year. I miss my old drying rack. It didn't make the move. My husband is working on my laundry room. I'm anxious to move everything downstairs. It looks like you had a nice birthday and great times with your family. Let me know about the books, I'd love to hear if you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love a drying rack! I can't have a clothesline in my neighborhood, which I miss so much, but my drying rack makes its way to my deck on mosy sunny days.
    Just started a blog, something I have wanted to do for a long time! If you have time, pay me a visit at www.hereonhartland.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!