Thursday, January 13, 2011

All About the Name

I have been asked how I came up with the name of my blog. I guess I need to start out by explaining where I was when I started blogging....

Chuck and were married and settled into our cozy little home. No littles had come the old fashioned way and we were making our way through the world of adoption. I was working outside of the home and was not very happy with that. The journey of life was not going the way I had planned. Not.at.all. You know the plan where I would have 2.5 children, stay at home and the world around me would be perfect. Ha!

I started to follow a couple of adoption blogs and there was link on one that lead to a homemaking blog. I started reading that blog and one thing lead to another. Pretty soon I was reading several blogs that centered around home and family.

When I decided to start blogging I thought long and hard about a name. My Heart is Always Home just seemed to fit since I was working away from home, but my heart really wanted to be at home!


Since I started blogging my faith in God has really grown. I have learned that living a simple life of faith, family and home is more full filling then I ever imagined. I have also learned that I have no control over the journey of life (I am still learning this daily) and that home is truly where my heart is. So there you go.... the history of how the name came about.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading how you came up with the name for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. I'm so glad that things changed and you were able to quit your job and stay home where your heart is! And that you were able to get your beautiful daughter. God does take care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Wendi! Loved hearing how God has blessed and grown your family.

    And I can relate to your life not turning out like you'd planned! :-) I think all of us can say that at some point or another. Aren't we glad that God knows better than us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading your desire for children while working outside of the home I was brought back to how God began to change me. I have a very similar story. I love thinking about how God tucked a desire to be at home in my heart, and how He was so faithful during a time of prayer and obedience. I LOVE being at home with my little girl. Thank you for sharing that! It brings me great joy to be like-minded. God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!