Friday, December 03, 2010

Sweet Moment & A Recipe

Winter has started to set in with cool temperatures and a little bit of snow. Megan was tickled pink when I pointed out that the snow was flying.

Megan loves to craft and create. I see lots of that happening this winter.


She asked if I knew what the above picture was and before I could answer she stated that it was the cross that Jesus died on. Ahh!

I have been using up the last of the Thanksgiving turkey this week. I made a turkey rice soup with carrots on Wednesday.


I diced four large carrots and cooked them in a can of chicken stock, added water to fill up my pan and 2 tsp of chicken bouillon. It let it cook until the carrots were tender and then added my leftover turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Next went in 8 oz of rice. It let it cook and cook until the rice was done and the soup had thickened up. I did have to add additional water several times after I added the rice. It was super easy and the little guy I watch gave it his stamp of approval. Abe is 15 mos and after his second bite he said "ummm, more."

Chuck is off today and it looks to be busy. After Megan goes to school we are hitting the store for our monthly shopping. A few more errands after she is picked up and then in the late afternoon we are headed with my FIL to pick something up for him. Hope you all have a great weekend!
I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. Love leftover turkey! Soup is one of my favorites too so thank you for your recipe. Have a good day shopping and enjoy the snow (and keep it please)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, Wendi! And what a sweet thing for Megan to make and say! Just precious! And I wouldn't mind a little bit of your snow, please! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe sounds yummy! But i'll pass on the snow...LOL

    Have a wonderful Weekend!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet of Megan...don't you just love when they show that they are really learning important things! :)

    Would love for you to come over and link up again on my recipe swap. It is not open! :)

    It has been snowing here all day and we already have a lot of snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Megan's sweet craft and what it means to her! Thanks for sharing your soup recipe. I think we might have just enough left to try this! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup sounds wonderful!

    You are training that sweet girl up in the way she should go - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!