Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Day!

The school Megan attends called a 2 hour delay. Since she only goes for a few hours in the morning that meant it was a snow day for her! We only received about four inches but with the wind it was hard to keep the roads clear.

What is a snow day if you can't go out and enjoy the snow!




We weren't able to stay out long with the wind, but still managed to have fun.


Fresh baked cookies to go with hot chocolate.

Some play time with "friends."

Roast cooking the day away and making my home smell delicious! Add a side of mashed potatoes, corn frozen fresh this past summer and we enjoyed a stick to your ribs kind of meal.

I am off to start laundry. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


4 comments:

  1. I use to love snow days when the kids were little! Now, snow days mean that there are less cars on the road as I crawl to work. :( Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! i'm doing laundry too, although it never really ends and I have a slow cooker meal on! :-) She looks like she is having a great time!
    Many Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect day to me! :-)

    (Have you ever read the book, "Snow Day" by Lynn Plourde to Megan? It's really cute and might remind her of her snow day! My kiddos want me to read it over and over. Fun!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!