Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Slow Days

The company Chuck works for gives several days off around Christmas and the New Year. Chuck usually saves vacation to add to those days and ends up with a week or more off. I love this time! After a sometimes busy Christmas season it is nice to have some down time. We have been enjoying slow days puttering around the house.

I saved the pan drippings and two turkey breast carcass from dinner at my parent's. Today I tried my hand at making my own stock.



I used the new stock pot I received as a gift.


Oh my did my home smell good! The stock is now in refrigerator. I am letting it sit so that I can skim off the fat tomorrow and then I will be canning it. Yum! Yum!

I am not sure if I mentioned that Abe the little guy I watch has a little brother. Eli joined the fun here last week.


Eli is an easy baby and has fit right in around here. When Chuck returns to work I am sure we will easily find our new routine. It is such a joy to have this little baby to snuggle!

With some of the new things received for Christmas it feels like I have been doing laundry non stop. I am almost done and was so happy to get the new bedding for Megan's bed washed.


All of the washing from potty training had taken its toll on her old comforter. It was wearing thin and had been mended several times. Her new bedding is bright and sunny. I really like it and so does she.

It seems that I always get the urge to purge and organize as a new year approaches. My kitchen is going to be the first one on the list. I have a pile here and there on the counters of things that need to find a home.

It is going to get a deep cleaning and some tweaking. I am looking forward to finding the time to tackle this project.

I am not sure how much posting I will be doing the rest of the week. It will depend on how much time I have. Besides cleaning,organizing and a trip to the grocery store I have some important things to do this week. Like playing new board games with my family, baking cookies with Megan and having a family dinner at my parent's home.

Have a great week. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


7 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. I have just started a blog of my own if you get a chance please stop by. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new bedding! So bright to look at during the winter. Have fun playing this week. I have a blog question for you please. How do you add the signature to your blog? I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In looking at the bedding, I noticed Megan's wallpaper border. I have had trouble finding something for my daughter's room to replace the roses that are currently there. Not very little-girlish. Would you mind sharing where you found that border?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,

    I purchased Megan's at Burlington Coat Factory. It matched the crib bedding that I used for her.

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post, it helped me catch up with you, I feel like I haven't visited in forever, but I plan to change that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Wendi for your kind comment!

    Hopefully I'll still find a bit of time to stop by my friends' blogs ~ I'll try to say hello from time to time! I know I will miss some blogging time, but hopefully since I won't be doing much on my end of things, I'll try to soak in all the lovely tips, encouragement, and wisdom I can from other blogs as time allows. So glad to have met you along this blogging journey!

    Blessings to you, dear Megan, and your whole family in 2011!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi,

    Megan's bedding is darling!

    I also feel the need to organize and de-clutter. That's what unpacking from a long trip will do! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!